: Please Read the Information for Your Interest
Please Read the Information for Your Interest:
Mobile Phones :
This is advisable to have your post paid connections in Ladakh. Prepaid connections may not work. Air Tel / BSNL / Air Cell are common network at the moment.
How to reach :
By Road / Air :
- Ladakh is approx 1050 Kms from Delhi – Manali – Leh. While as Manali to Leh is approx 500 Km. and can be reached by overnight VOLVO from Delhi to Manaliand further Manali to Leh in two days as well as three days.
- Srinagar to Leh is Approx 450 Kms from Srinagar to Leh via Kargil. Can be completed in two days.
- Regular flight from Delhi to Leh and return ( One hour only ). Though you may have connections from Jammu, Chandigarh and Srinagar to Leh (couple of days in a week and subject to change).
When to travel :
- Manali to Leh route open around Mid May and depends on weather conditions as lot of snow at Rohtanag pass / Bara La cha and Tanglan La Pass. For safter side you may schedule your programme at third week of May onwards from this sector. Route will remain open till end of September.
- Srinagar to Leh route open normally by the end of April and again subject to weather conitions. Better to travel May first week or Second week onwards. Route will remain open till end of October and sometime till November.
- Flights are open round the year though flight schedule may get change in winter season from October to March.
Weather in Ladakh :
- Ladakh is a high altitude desert area and called Little Tibet. Tourist season starts from April to second week of October.
- April : 3 – 10 Degree Celsius
- May - June : 7 – 15 Degree Celsius
- July – August : 10 – 20 Degree Celsius
- September : 15 – 10 Degree Celsius
- Oct – Dec : 10 – Minus 15 Degree Celsius
- Dec – March : Minus 35 to 0 Degree Celsius
- No rain is expected in the region as this is a rain shadow area but in last few years it’s raining and sometime heavily raining during the monsoon – July and August.
Hotels in Ladakh :
- Good hotels in Ladakh and called A grade hotels which are considered to be 3 star facilities basis and all modern amenities in it. Though all the hotels are constructed / architecture in a unique way which reflect the cultural and geographical influence. Nicely decorated big window for maximum sunlight and colorful
- B Grade hotels has similar facilities but less rooms comparatively to A Grade hotels and basic facilities and value for the of money.
- The Grand Dragon is the biggest hotel and high end hotel which can be compare with 4 star category in general and full of modern facilities and centrally heated. Though in winter time central heating may not work for 24
hours and depends on the total no of clients staying at the same time.
- Hotel Druk is second best option to stay at and located on the way to Shanti Stupa. Little away from the main town offers a nice and quite ambience for the leisure tourist. Ladakh Residency is also a new hotel which is one of the best hotel in Leh. Hotel City Palace, Larisa Resort, Caravan Centre, Spik n Span, Shambhala, namgyal Palace may attract you in some reasons.
- Ladakh Sarai is an unique Resort in Ladakh which is based on Mongolian Yurts basis and located nearly 3 kms away from Leh town in Sabu village in an ideal location for leisure travelers. Full of modern amenities with LCD TV and attached toilet bath / Solar water heating facilities. Magnificent view of Majestic view of Stok Kangri range.
- Guest houses are widely chosen by the clients in and around Leh and worth
staying at. Most of the guest houses are run by local families which has in house dining facilities. At some places you may have hot water facilities and at some places you need to wait for hot water buckets.
- Nubra you have only one choice to stay at Hotel Stendel which is the best and biggest hotel in this Valley. Rest you may have Fix Deluxe camps and some cottages around.
- In Alchi and Uletokpo you have various optioins which may be resonable to nice cottages like Ule Ethnic Resort / Ule Adventure / Eco Camp / West Ladakh Camp are few of them.
- In pangong you have possibility to stay at Camps and most of the Camps are nearly similar. Services may differ a bit. Pangong Resort / Watermark / Nature Nest / Martsemic Camp are few of them.
- Due to restricted area Ladakh has its own taxi association and no other vehicle is allowed to make any commercial practice in this region. You can drive your own / private car but not for any commercial use. All the prices are based on per sector basis which are pre defined. All the commercial vehicles need to take the permission from the taxi association before they move to a particular section / sector. Toyota Qualis / Tavera / Toyota
Innova / Scorpio / Tata Sumo / Maruti Van / Maxi Cab – 10 seater / Tempo Traveler/ Few coaches are also available.
- In certain area you need to have a Inner Line Travel permit to visits Like Nubra Valley / Pangong Lake / Tso Moriri Lake and others which can be arranged in Leh itself. All clients are requested to have their Photo ID proof.
- Khardungla pass remain close for the maintenance purposes on every Monday, Therefore your travel to Khardungla Pass or Nubra valley need to be avoided on Monday.
- Monasteries in and around Leh
- Nubra Vally Over Khardungla Pass ( Highest motorable pass in the world) North of Leh town.
- Pangong Tso High Altitude Lake ( North East of Leh town
- Tso Moriri and Tso kar High Altitude Lake – East of Leh town
- Lamayuru Valley – Moon valley - west ofLeh towan towards Leh Srinagar Highway
- Da Hanu Village – Towards the Aryan race – North West of Leh town
- Zanskar Valley – Southern region of Ladakh which adjoin the north of Himachal
- Stok Kangri Peak climbing ( trekking peak – 6150 meter above sea level)
- Turtuk is a newly opend destination in Nubra which is the last village near Pakistan Border. Recommanded to have an excuriso at this Place
Activities in Ladakh
- Explore Cultural Tourism
- Explore Monastic Culture
- High Altitude Jeep Safaries and Mountain Bike Safaries
- Adventure activities such as – Trekking / Expeditions / Hiking / Safaries etc..
- River rafting on Zanskar River and Indus River
Tips / Insurance :
- Clients are advised to take the pre insurance against their travel for any unforeseen circumstances and flight cancellation. This is a remote area and evacuating the people from Ladakh to main land may take two to three days. You need to be prepared for flight cancellation in monsoon season but not very often
- Your Driver / Hotel personal / Local Guides and Trekking tem expect a tip at the end of services and depends on your overall programme and duration. You may get the details from your representative and tour escort upon arrival in Ladakh.
High Altitude Sickness
- Leh is situated at 3500 meter above sea level and if flying to Leh directly means you may have some high altitude sickness after three to four hours of landing. It may vary person to person. Omitting/ Head ace / Breathing problems / Read eye/ Fever / Irritations etc are some of the symptoms which one may feel. It may take 12 hours to 24 hours to acclimatize with the high altitude . This is advisable to everyone to have a complete rest the day you arrive in Leh and avoid sleeping in the day time. Intake the maximum water / Tea ( Black tea is recommended) / Coffee / Soup etc.. which will help. Avoid not to eat the food. In the evening you may have a short walk to the market and advisable areas. Still if feeling bad than visit the nearest state Govt. Hospital for the medical treatments.
- Portable Oxygen cylenders can be purchased at the medical shop which may cost you INR 350 – 500. Should you need for the large Oxygen Cylenders during your trek can be arranged on request with an additional cost.
Medical Facilities in Ladakh
- You will find base hospital Sonam Norphel Memorial Hospital in Leh is fully equipped with medical facilities and staff is prompt to help the patient. This is in a walkable distance from the main town and 5 minutes drive from the Fort Road.Though you have medical facilities avaliable in Nubra Valley / Kargil.